Sunday, May 4, 2008

Why are there so many books, movies, documentaries, etc. about the Holocaust? Why do we keep retelling this story?

There are so many books, movies, documentaries, etc about the Holocaust, and they keep retelling this story because it was such a tragic that had happened in the world. People recorded movies and books about Holocaust to retell this story to generations, and the reason why people are retelling this story to generations are because the world doesnt want this horrible tragic to occur again. The prejudice of Nazis, and hos they killed millions and millions of Jews, it was unreasonable, and violent. So people make movies and books, and retell this story to people so that it doesnt happen again.

6 comments:

Shorty:) said...

I also agree with you Jin!
I wrote almost the same thing as you. There were a lot of tragic happening in the world but the holocaust was the worst of the worst. I hate to happen again.

Shorty:) said...

I dont want this to happen again so, they are happening to retell the stories over and over to get rid of it. I dont think we could joke about that and we should not joke about these kind of problems. There are similar things happening such as KKK.

JenniferY said...

I agree with you. I think that it is important to not let such destructive and cruel thing such as the Holocaust happen again. To have such tragic times happen again is going to bring up a WW3. Prejudice caused these mass killing of these innocent people. We should avoid being prejudice to one another . I think that it is important to retell the stories of the horrors of the Holocaust so it won't happen again, but also to recognize those innocent 11 milllion died of one man. Though I'm not really sure why we are retelling this horrible event, I think that these are a part of a bigger answer.
By the way great post~~
Nice job~~

HahnjiJ said...

I totally agree!
I think that this never should have happened and that it wouldn't have if people had stood up against the Nazis or if the Nazis had any common sense. I think that the stories are to prevent anything like this ever happening again. And i hope it never does.

SophiaC said...

I agree with you as welll
i think that the main reason we keep retelling the Holocaust is to tell people that these things should never happen again. Not only is it inhumane, but we are killing the lives of one another. To tell the world that things like this shouldn't happen because of what just one man thinks. Prejudice is something that we want to avoid, but cant help ourselves, yet it shouldnt go beyond this point (the holocaust). We should avoid being prejudice to one other because of one man's thoughts 6 million people were the cost of it.

Unknown said...

I enjoy life when things are happening. I don't care if it's good things or bad things. That means you're alive. See the link below for more info.


#happening
www.ufgop.org